cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Image Garden does not like .NET Framework 4.7.1

PatrickO
Apprentice

PSA:  I'm running Win 7 Pro and a PIXIA MG7720 printer which I mainly use to print CD/DVD/BluRay labels.  Yesterday, My Image Garden started refusing to open most of my disc labels.  I installed the latest version, but again, the labels failed to load.  A lengthy call to tech support (and an exhaustive search for solutions) later, I was left with the recommendation to uninstall MIG and do a fresh install with no guarantee that my hundred or so labels would survive.  Backing up the labels before a reinstall is not an option as they are apparently stored in the ether somewhere between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge and not on any physical drive (according to numerous search attempts). 

Before biting the bullet and risking the catastrophic loss of my labels, I remembered I had done a Windows Update before the problem started that involved updating Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 to version 4.7.1.  I did a system restore to before the Framework update and - lo and behold - all my labels now load beautifully from the Twilight Zone where they're evidently stored. 

Moral of the story:  AVOID THE FRAMEWORK 4.7.1 UPDATE - at least on Win 7 Pro systems.  Also, Canon needs to make the nebulous location of created files available in File Manager for backup!  I may try updating MIG to the latest version later after my heart rate returns to normal and my nausea subsides...

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If you are still having difficulties with the program, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements