cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Image Garden does not enable scanner

rwood359
Apprentice

I just installed Ny Image Garden.  The printer is functional (MG6220), but the scanner is greyed out - not enabled.

Canon Navigator and my other photo editor recognize and use the scanner.

I have installed both the network and USB drivers to no avail.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I removed then reloaded all Canon software and Drivers............. Problem gone

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

marconiglio,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Jan07
Apprentice

I also just installed MIG on my new laptop. Windows10 and printer MG3540 working with WiFi. Is there a way to make it work? 

ZeFritz
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm using a MP640R with MacOS 10.14 Mojave. The printer/scanner is connected via LAN. Scanning via the built-in "Image Capture" tool from Apple works, but in My Image Garden the scanner is greyed out. Canon Support, can you solve the riddle / problem?

Thanks,

Fritz

Hi ZeFritz,

You can try downloading and installing the Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan versions of the drivers and software from the Canon USA website HERE to see if this will allow the printer to work with your operating system so that you can scan using MP Navigator and My Image Garden. 

You will want to download and install the CUPS, Scanner and ICA Drivers from the DRIVERS section of the webpage, and the MP Navigator Opener and MP Navigator EX files from the SOFTWARE section of the page.  If using the printer wirelessly, please also download the Canon IJ Network Tool from the SOFTWARE section of the page. 

Prior to downloading the drivers, please ensure that the OS X El Capitan v10.11 operating system is selected in the "Operating System" field on the page so that drivers for that operating system are displayed.  Please also install the items in the order listed above.

If it does work, there may be some limitations which are unknown to Canon. If the older software does not work, you do qualify for our Upgrade program.

This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon’s newest technologies, including such features as built-in WiFi, Airprint and Cloud Print, carries a one year limited manufacturer’s warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am using Prixma G2420 Printer, but My Image Garden, scan option has been grayed. Canon advice the solution please

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jo9,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility.  Are you able to scan using that application?

Yes.  The IJ scan works and problem is solved.

On my old Canon MG7720 I uses Image Garden, so I was use to that.

Time will tell if I like IJ Scan as well as I did liked Image Garden.

Jpandyus
Apprentice
Recently purchased a Pixma MG2522. Used included CD to load the drivers, but can't find IJ Scan Utility or My Image Garden on my Windows 10 computer. Where dey at?

pandanir
Apprentice

Hi,   I cannot access the scan function on My Image Garden.  I have Windows 7 and a Canon Pixma MP 237.

Please advise

Regards,
Ian

Hello pandanir!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your post!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA, and the model  you're referencing is not a model that's sold here in the USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements