cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon PIXMA MG2120 prints TOO LIGHTLY. How adjust to print DARKER?

RogerKantner
Apprentice

My Canon PIXMA MG2120 prints TOO LIGHTLY. How adjust to print DARKER?

15 REPLIES 15

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello RogerKantner.

If you are printing photos or graphics on plain paper with the MG2120, images will appear light or faded.  This is to prevent jams from rolling or curling of the paper from ink saturation as it feeds out of the printer.

To increase the quality of your printouts, select Preferences or Properties for the MG2120 from the print dialog screen and change the quality to 'High'.  This should improve the quality of your printout when plain paper is used.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That's not really the answer.

The problem is that  it will print at the correct saturation/quality only when borderless printing is not used. I purchased this item because I wanted to be able to print full color borderless prints on a full 8.5x11 sheet of paper. I don't want to have to buy special glossy photo paper just to print borderless. Is this the truth of the matter? You cannot print borderless prints on plain paper without sacrificing significant quality? Does it always assume when you set it to borderless, whether youre in the standard print menu or the photo print menu, that you're printing a photo and it will then default to printing lightly? This is outrageous. They should say something about this in the manual.

Hello thebetafemale.

If you are using plain paper to print images with high intensity, the paper may absorb too much ink and become wavy, also causing paper abrasion. 

If you would still like to print at high quality on Plain Paper, try using our Easy PhotoPrint EX program.  You can also try using a photo paper media type as a possible workaround as well.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I don't think you want to understand:

If:

-Same paper type (photo/glossy/matte/normal)

-Same settings (high/normal/fast)

Then:

-When you print without borderless, the colors are ok

-When you print the same thing with borderless enabled, the colors are faded and light

I have the same problem for an PIXMA MX525... Really disapointed.. 

reverand
Apprentice

I have this tooo!  only with borderless as well.  I am very upset

Searching the internet for a solution and seems you guys have the same issues with no resolution

My Canon PXMA has just started printing very lightly almost sepia.  Initially it printed great pictures. How do I adjust it.  I am not low on ink. But I am not using Cannon in, but that was true when it was printing well. 

Hi Lane100,

So we can better assist you, please let us know what operating system you have on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X).

For more immedate assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Announcements