cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MX922 printer has stopped printing because it says the paper tray is empty. Tray is full.

nicolej31
Apprentice

My Canon MX922 printer has all of a sudden stopped printing and I'm getting the error message that the paper tray is empty. The tray is full. I've removed and replaced several times. I've loaded the top feeder as well in case for some reason it was trying to pull from there. I've shut down and restarted several times as well, to no avail. I work from home and this is my own business so it's vital I have a working printer. Any suggestions as to what the problem is or is the printer shot? I've probably had it just over a year. 

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi nicolej31,

You will want to ensure that there aren't any obstructions in the paper feed path that may be causing the paper not to feed and be recognized by the printer.  With a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed areas of the printer to ensure no obstructions exist.  Once this has been done, please perform a roller cleaning on the unit by following the steps located here.

You will also want to ensure that the paper type and size selected in the printer driver is applicable to the cassette tray that you are trying to print from.  For information on which paper sizes and types to load in each cassette tray, please click here.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your response. Interestingly it looks as thought you replied to this on the 19th, 3 days after I posted my question but it just came through on Dec. 24. I have my own small business and I work from home. Unfortunately, I don't have the benefit of days and days without a printer that works so I've had to purchase a new one already. Needless to say, it wasn't a Canon given that this one lasted only a little over a year, which is pretty unacceptable in terms of quality. 

I do appreciate your reply but of course I checked for obstructions or stuck paper before I posted my question, given that I'm not an idiot. I tried literally everything BEFORE I bothered to come to the Canon website and post a question. I also know what paper size I'm using, the same paper size I've always used and the same paper tray that I've always used....but just in case, I double checked all that and loaded paper in BOTH the tray and the feeder. 

Let's just hope that my new printer works longer than the Canon one did. 

Best,

Nicole

Announcements