cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MX880 regularly only prints a small portion of a page and then quits printing.

GwynHug
Apprentice

Sometimes it prints a whole file - but other times it just prints a portion of a page and then stops.  It does not kick back an error message to my computer.  The troubleshooter doesn't find any problems.  I'm using a wireless connection to a Windows 7 laptop (Sony Vaio, if it matters).  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!  

Thanks,

Gwen

2 REPLIES 2

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi GwynHug,

There are many possible causes for the problem you described.  First, however, I recommend checking the hardware of your printer to ensure that the printer is ejecting ink properly.  On your printer's operation panel, follow these steps to print a nozzle check pattern:

1. Press the Setup button.
  2. Select Maintenance, and press the OK button.
  3. Select Print nozzle check pattern, and press the OK button.
  4. Examine the nozzle check pattern.  It should appear like the sample below.

If everything looks good here, then the hardware is working properly.  Next, we will need to look into a communication issue.  Especially if the printer pauses or stops in the middle of the print job.

Please feel free to Contact Us for additional troubleshooting.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the suggestions - I tried connecting with a cable and everything prints just fine, so I think the wireless was messing up...  

Announcements