cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon 530 leaves several unprinted horizontal strips per page. .

hitman
Contributor

I have cleaned and deep cleaned the print head a couple of times to no avail. Also I can't get a copy when I put  a document on the platen glass.  However I can print  a excel document from my file without any problem. HELP!!1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

8 REPLIES 8

Patrice
Whiz

Hi hitman!

So that we may better assist you, may I have you verify the exact model number of your Canon printer?  This information will be located on the control panel of the printer.  It will show Pixma MP530, Pixma MX532, or imageCLASS D530.

We look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My printer is a Pixma MP530.

Julius
Rising Star

Hello,

Please try printing a nozzle check pattern.  The nozzle check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.

1. Press the Open button to open the output tray.

2. Load letter-sized plain paper in the auto sheet feeder or the cassette.

3. Printing the nozzle check pattern.
    1. Press <COPY> button.
    2. Press <Menu> repeatedly to select [MAINTENANCE].
    3. Press the left or right cursor to select [NOZZLE CHECK], then press the <OK>. (The nozzle check pattern is printed.)

4. Examine the nozzle check pattern.

< 1 > The normal nozzle check pattern

< 2 > The abnormal nozzle check pattern

< 3 > Some black ink lines are broken.

< 4 > White lines are present in the color ink pattern.

< 5 > Both black and color inks are not present.

If you are missing any of the lines or bars, please run through one more cleaning.  If the nozzle check does not match at this point, it may require service.  The best thing to do is to reach our technical support team at http://bit.ly/Phone_Support for further assistance.  Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the nozzle check pattern adviice.  But why would the printer print normally I when a print  an excel or word document from my file or when I use the "grab" application?  What if the nozzle check pattern is good/

Hello, great questions!

Depending on certain settings in the application you are printing in, the printer may print using certain ink tanks and not others. If there is a problem with the way the nozzles distribute the ink with only a certain tank, some applications may be skipping that particular color when printing, which makes it appear fine (in some cases, it could even be mixing the colors to make the black). Another way to test the issue is to try making a copy with both the BLACK and the COLOR button, you may find one prints correctly and one does not.

Printing and taking a look at the nozzle check is the best way to determine what is occurring. However, if the nozzle check prints correctly, and you can make a copy correctly with both buttons, we'll need to do a little more in-depth troubleshooting. Please use the link above to reach our friendly technical support team, who will be more than happy to explore this further with you!

Thanks for the help but what do you mean when you stated:Use the link above to contact the support team?

Hi,

We apologize for any confusion! In our post above yours, we had placed a link to our technical support team. Here it is again for reference:http://bit.ly/Phone_Support

If none of these suggestions work, it would be best to reach out to them for further assistance.

OK Thanks again

Announcements