cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB5160 does not find PC when scanning from device

slootsie
Apprentice

Scanner does not work when scanning from device.

It works fine when scanning from IJ scan utility but when I start the scan from the device the screen shows "Select PC". I then have to stop as there is no PC to select.

It is a new printer and the PC did show during the first week after installing. I have redone the installation from CD Rom but no success.

Connected via WIFI and using Windows 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello Slootsie!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Please go to the following link to be sure you have the most up to date software installed: http://Canon.us/nabs If you have the latest software installed, we suggest contacting our Technical Support Team for additional assistance.  If you're in the United States please call 1-844-4-MAXIFY (1-844-462-9439). They're open Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 10:00 pm ET and Saturday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm ET, excluding holidays. If you are not in the US, please go to www.canon.com and choose your region.

We hope this was helpful!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello Slootsie!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Please go to the following link to be sure you have the most up to date software installed: http://Canon.us/nabs If you have the latest software installed, we suggest contacting our Technical Support Team for additional assistance.  If you're in the United States please call 1-844-4-MAXIFY (1-844-462-9439). They're open Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 10:00 pm ET and Saturday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm ET, excluding holidays. If you are not in the US, please go to www.canon.com and choose your region.

We hope this was helpful!

Thank you. The solution is to first uninstall all drivers and software, reboot and then re install from CD Rom. I had omitted the uninstall and reboot part and it did not work then.

slootsie
Apprentice

Eventually managed to resolve the issue by first uninstalling everything that belonged to the original installation. I mean everything, not only the drivers but all software and programs including manuals. I then rebooted the computer and re installed from CD Rom. It now works fine!

Announcements