cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify 2320 Envelope Margin Issue

Megalith
Apprentice

This seems to be a largely reported issue, but I haven't figured out how to fix it. I am trying to print envelopes in Word 2013 and have found that there is a 1.14" margin added to the left of the envelope, so the return address is awkwardly shifted to the right. 

I think I read something about tricking the printer by adjusting the orientation somehow, but I just can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

To try and resolve this issue, check the Page Setup menu of your software to ensure that the correct envelope size has been specified before creating the envelope.  This adjustment may help resolve the margin issues.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The settings are definitely correct. I have even tried forcing the printer to print closer to the edge of the envelope using Word's margin settings, but anything I try to print within the 1.14" margin area comes out blank.

Hello.

Check to make sure that the correct envelope size has been specified in the printer settings on your computer before printing.

If you continue to have difficulties, try printing the envelope from a different program such as Wordpad.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same problem and can not find answers. Very frustration. It's as though Canon  doesn't get it either. 

Dave R

Floydturbo
Apprentice

I am having the same problem and have done everything I can figure to correct it. I know a bit about these things but in this case...I'm stumpped. 

Dave R

I'm having the same problem on the MF264 printer just purchased.  Do you now how to solve the envelope issue?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Brandi

plchristian
Apprentice

Okay, I had the same problem. If I tried to print the envelope the way it was originally set up in Word (I created a document then used the Mail - Envelope feature) the return address was cut off. The only work around was to move the return address over to the right but then it looked awful on the envelope.

I called Canon Customer Support today and was walked through a change of the default settings specific to envelopes. Isaiah was the US rep who helped me. We did a test envelope and the print was appearing in the area of the envelope where you want the return email address to appear.

But when I went back to my Word Doc and tried to print the envelope with the new Canon printer settibngs, it still was still cutting off the logo and return mail address.

What I did next was to go back into the Word Document and create a new envelope and added that to the document that had been set up before. I used the text words for my business name when creating the envelope in Word. Once the envelope appeared attached to the letter, then I replaced the text name of my business with the logo using insert, picture. 

Now it all prints beautifully with the return logo and address in proper position on upper left side and not cut off at all. I'm guessing that the settings in Word when I oriiginally created the envelope for the enveloper were somehow not compatible with the Canon settings. 

Hope ths helps you.

Announcements