cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 won't print text

csut2
Apprentice

I have an iMac with it's latest OS X 10.11.6 and an MX922 printer. It was working great, but then I tried to also connect my new MacBook Pro Big mistake. Printer not working well since. I deleted the printer in ystem Preferences, dowloaded all new drivers and software from the web site, and tried agasin. My printer is connected by hardwire. I thought uSB but I don't recognixe the male plug goin g into the printer. Now, the printer is connected, but it wont print text. For instance, if I give it the command to print a Safari page it will print out headings and other data, but not the text itself. What can i do?

Thanks

Carl

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try a document and see if you still have the prob. I find that some web pages act funny for printing. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John,

Thank you for responding. It won't print a Word document either. If I initiate within Word the printer spits out two blank pages. If I initiate Print from the File menu for Word, the drop down window shows the document like normal, the printer then spits out two pages without the text the printer window just showed!

Any suggestions?

Thanks again

Carl

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

nmharleydee
Contributor

Mine will print a .pdf document (text) but will not print text from other applications so I know it's not a cartridge problem.  It must be a software problem possible with iMacs.

jbbass71
Apprentice

FYI For PCs

Hi, yes ALL of the Canon Support responses are Canned / Robot scripted responses and useless.

Canon has no idea how to fix this problem. There is hope! See below for FIX / Work Around.

Here is the only "work around" that I read that actually WORKS!  FYI For PC 🙂 Sent by user on 1/13/2017:

Re: printer not printing black 

Russ,

Checking again, the setting I changed was to change the paper setting to High Resolution Paper.

Go to your Printer Properties. In the General tab, there is a Preferences button.

Open Preferences and change Media Type to High Resolution Paper.

That is a global setting.

Alternatively, on a project by project basis, when you want to print something, ctrl P opens up the print command.

Click on the Properties button and change Media Type to High Resolution Paper.

This change to High Resolution Paper has worked for me to bypass the pigment black.

Update: BTW this only uses the SMALL BLK cartridge. So in the long run will cost more. You can also save the High Resolution paper setting as a default in the Ctl/P dialog "Properties" menu by selecting the paper type under "Media Type" to "other types" / High Resolution, then by cking the "Always use this setting" box in the lower left of the the dialog box.

sandship
Apprentice

I have the same issue. The work around I found from Pages was to change my text color from black to navy. But that won't work for, say, Calendar or other applications in which changing the text color isn't an option. I will try to the high resolution paper suggestion. This is an issue that Canon needs to address for Mac users!

Announcements