cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 won't print envelope from lower tray

taragem72
Apprentice

Cannot make MX922 print envelopes from lower tray. Lower tray is selected in printing preferences. Printer keeps trying to print from upper tray, which is empty. Get Support code: 1007. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi taragem72,

In addition to having the lower cassette tray selected, please ensure that the envelope size being printed on is also selected in the Printing Preferences window.  Please note, the printer is compatible with European DL and US #10 envelopes.

Should you still experience diffculty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having the same issue. The solution you posted does not help me.

I need to print a 5" x 7" envelope from the bottom or lower tray. How can I do this?

The driver my mac automatically selects allows me to choose which tray I print from. I selected the bottom/lower tray, but the printer still wanted to pull from the upper tray. This gave me the 1007 error.

I downloaded the driver from the Canon website and I see where I should be able to select the tray, but that section is greyed out and I'm unable to click to select the lower tray.

FYI-- per Canon support YOU CANNOT select the upper or lower tray based on preference. It's auto determined. I was also told my 70lb text paper is too thick. Seriously?? I can print photo paper, but not the envelope?? Reference point: 70lb text is just one step up from standard 24lb bond copy paper. I know it's an envelope so it's like two sheets of paper, but I'm pretty frustrated that this printer was marketed to me as something that I could print high quality images like photos (they aren't really that high of quality) and now I can't even print envelopes.

Solved! It was due to 4x6" envelopes (not #10) being selected in MS Word. Thanks, Jason!

Announcements