Contributor

My MX922 won't print black and white.  I am running apple OS 10.12.3

When printing, I check the box for black and white but it still prints in color

8 REPLIES 8

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

To print in Black and White, the Grayscale option has to be enabled.

Get to the "Quality and Media" section of the print menu and check the "Grayscale" box.  This should allow your color item to print in black and white.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

this works in applications like adobe acrobat but I'm not seeing 'quality and media' or 'grayscale' box in firefox or safari

Hi kwd323,

Please try opening Safari in 32 bit mode.  To do this, close Safari and then select the Go menu from Finder and click on Application.  Click on Safari once and then click on File and Get Info.  Select Open in 32 bit mode and then open Safari.  Quality & Media should be an option now.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I mostly use firefox.  Is there a way to print black and white in firefox?

Hi kwd323,

You can try those same steps with Firefox as well.  Using Firefox in 32 bit mode should allow you to access the Quality & Media drop down box.

Changed firefox to 32 bit but still do not see 'quality and media' or grayscale on print menu

did I miss something?

Hello.

Check to see if there is a way to expand the print dialog menu in your program.  This may allow you to access the options for the printer.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Already tried all of the drop down menus on the print menus with no success finding greyscale

I've used the same printer in windows without having to make obscure modifications to print basic functions like black and white printing

Is there a canon printer model that is fully compatiblle with apple?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements