cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 scanning

rslifer
Apprentice

I have converted to Mountain Lion and have loaded the new scanner driver.  However, with Lion when I scanned a multipage document, the scanner software kept it together as one document.  Now it is coming out as separate pages and I have to set up folders for them to keep them together.  How do I change the settings to have multipage scans stay together?

28 REPLIES 28

I have had my new Cannon Pixma mx922 for 2 days and while impressed with its printing cababilities, I am so disappointed in its scanning ability, I plan to take it back tomorrow!  when I activate the Scan from the unit or my computer (very hard to find - withint the Garden something toolbar.  It takes over 90 seconds to complete ONE scan!  And with NO preview on my computer or the unit that I can find, I just don't know how anyone can accept this!  Am I doing something wrong?  Even my old hp had better scanning software that this!  Please tell me I missed a page in the manual that will ease all my frustrations with this new Cannon!

@proctorsurf wrote:
SERIOUSLY?! This is the worst possible move Canon could make!

My sentiments exactly.

I can think of about ten inappropriate acronyms to insert here, but I'll just buy a different brand.

Maybe I'll buy something on sale now and just trash my Canon printers now.

Are you kidding me? I just purchased this printer for the ADF functions - and YEARS of use if the MP Navigator software - and now you are not including it or updating even though it is listed as compatible to this printer in your public documents! The software options included for scanning are juvinile to say the least - and enough for me to return this printer and go back to my mx280. I don't believe this - this is something that HP would do... totally no class or concern for your customers needs.

Yes, tell CAnon to get with it and update Navigator to work with all your scanners!  The software was the best part!

Agreed! And WHY I Bought THIS printer!

@SallyH499 wrote:

Yes, tell CAnon to get with it and update Navigator to work with all your scanners!  The software was the best part!

Do you s'pose Canon wants us to stop buying its products?

Really.

If someone there said at the meeting where this change was approved, "Let's try to alienate as many loyal customers as possible," I would understand.

Other than this purpose, there is no rational purpose for making the MX922 incompatible with the MP Navigator.

None.

@asergi wrote:

Hi Michael.  Can you please confirm whether there's been any change to this?  Can the MX922 now use MP Navigator EX?  It says in the specs for the MX922 that it can, but I still have no luck. (see note #9 . . . ).

If not, is there ANY way that support for the MX922 can be added to MP Navigator EX software??  The software's ability to display multiple thumbnails as you go is a wonderful, excellent and vital feature not present in the ScanGear software.  Having to wait until you go to save the file before seeing the scans is not very useful at all. 

Thank you.

Brilliant new feature, huh?

I will not be buying another Canon printer--or anything else made by Canon.

I wasted hours and hours to find out that I had wasted my money on the Canon MX922.

What is the point of making a new model printer that does not run the existing software?

"Not very useful at all" is the understatement of the decade.

I can think of far more acerbic terms for this mess.

I just bought the MX922 because I wanted a printer scanner that worked with the MP Navigator software that I loved with my MP530 - agree with poster abovet that it is really nice scanning software and I assumed the Navigator was just the standard software that came with all of your all in one scanners.  Now that I am reading this bad news, I will likely return the MX922 and buy the HP all in one that is on sale at Costco because there is no advantage without the MP Navigator software.  😞

And I am also very angry that I had to retire a perfectly good machine (MP 530) because Canon doesn't support the drivers on Yosemite but I digress.

@SallyH499 wrote:

I just bought the MX922 because I wanted a printer scanner that worked with the MP Navigator software that I loved with my MP530 - agree with poster abovet that it is really nice scanning software and I assumed the Navigator was just the standard software that came with all of your all in one scanners.  Now that I am reading this bad news, I will likely return the MX922 and buy the HP all in one that is on sale at Costco because there is no advantage without the MP Navigator software.  😞

And I am also very angry that I had to retire a perfectly good machine (MP 530) because Canon doesn't support the drivers on Yosemite but I digress.

DITTO.

I nominate this change for the prize of "Most Counterproductive Software Innovation of the Decade."

It seems like companies that produce software and machines dependent on it have an inexhaustible supply of ideas that defeat the consumers' main purposes for buying the products.

I wish the Canon Corp. would stop doing things like this.

:headslap:

@Michael wrote:

Hello kaylorsan.

The MX922 cannot be used with the MP Navigator.  Scanning with the MX922 would have to be done with the IJ Scan Utility or the My Image Garden program.

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

I nominate this change for the prize of "Most Counterproductive Software Innovation of the Decade."

Announcements