Canon Community Canon Community

Product Expert

Re: MX922 scanner problem message: set the pc to start scanning

Hi therealjohargis,

Are you using your PIXMA MG5522 with a USB cable or are you using it wirelessly?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

I'm using Windows 10.  The scanning is the scanning software that was with the Cannon MG7720

New Contributor

we are wireless

New Contributor

how do we set the PC to start scanning

Product Expert

Hi ronjudyva,

The scanning software for your PIXMA MG7720 is the IJ Scan Utility.  This software gets installed during the driver installation on your computer.

To use the IJ Scan Utility, please view the following page from the On Line Manual of your PIXMA MG7720:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/MG7700%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

If you require further assistancce, please contact Canon's Contact Center using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Occasional Contributor

THIS WORKED!!!!  i never noticed the buttons ON the printer (scanner)  THANK YOU! 

Occasional Contributor

Re: MX922 scanner problem message: SET THE PC to start scanning TRY THIS IT WORKED!

[ Edited ]

TRY THIS IT WORKED FOR ME!!! They, (Canon) needs to change the wording on this. you're not actually "setting" anything on your computer you need to select something ON THE SCANNER itself. After pressing SCAN There are 2 buttons on the bottom.  on the left it says save/ forward on the right it says scan settings.

Choose the Save/Forward option.  Then choose OK.  Next, it should give you the option for your wireless pc connection.  On mine, it lists Local (USB) and ALSO my account which is logged in on my computer "Anns Laptop "

when I chose "Anns laptop"  that did the trick. That worked. 

If only Local (USB) appears, try either turning the printer off and back on again, or possibly doing the same with your router or modem...anything that will get the printer looking for that wireless connection again.  Why the folks at canon can't tell you where that screen is is beyond me.

New Contributor

I am getting this meessage as well and am on a surfacer running windows 10. can anyone help?

Occasional Contributor

did you try what i posted? 

its a setting on your printer i believe. 

Product Expert

dmichlin88,

If your Surface device is ru nning a full version of Windows 10, make sure that the latest drivers are installed.  Visit www.usa.canon.com to download the latest drivers. 

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.