Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: MX922 scanner problem message: set the pc to start scanning

Hi Skormy -- I don't have a Mac so I can't help you, but hopefully someone else chimes in.  Perhaps a re-install from the original CD would make the difference, if no one has any better ideas.

New Contributor

As a follow-up, I did wind up re-installing the software and everything seems to work.  It was pretty the last thing I could think of to do.

New Contributor

Glad it worked for you. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Thank you so much for solving my stupid problem. I tried getting the solution from Canon and of course, no such luck. You have been a bit of a life-saver for me! many, ma!ny kudos to you

New Contributor

I am having this problem all of a sudden too, and I have a time-sensitive document to scan. I am running windows 10.
Occasional Contributor

press save/forward

New Contributor

Don't know why I didn't try that earlier, but it worked. Thank you!
New Contributor

Thanks, this worked perfectly for me! I had the exact same issue, running Win7, and this fixxed it.

New Contributor

Thanks, dddderek - I did this and it worked!  When I pressed SAVE/FORWARD on the MX925 it could see my Mac again.  Thanks again.

New Contributor

Oceans of thanks Varice.

After more than one year of working operating panel, I got a "set your PC" message all of a sudden. I checked and found out that the PIXMA was detecting my laptop (with its specific name) and able to communicate with it (receiving the scan orders and delivering the scanned PDF) on wireless. I tried to search my LAN again to detect the error and suddenly the printer did not detect my laptop any longer while kept communicating with it !!

I followed your steps. The only things I needed to do after that were:

1. Restarting the printer, and

2. Checking my laptop was detected (with Save/forward button): it was there once more!

3. The operating panel backed to work again.

It is frustrating that Canon could not address the issue properly and sticked to its nonsense solutions (asking to read the instructions, repeating the very obvious instructions etc). They apparently do not listen to people. Many thanks for your wonderful solution, buddy.