cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 scanner problem message: set the pc to start scanning

Denise
Apprentice

I am trying to scan using my MX922 printer.  I am getting a message: "set the pc to start scanning." Can't find what this means.

88 REPLIES 88

I don't have a Canon Utilities folder.  Now what?

stlane
Apprentice
Can you try searching for "Network Scanner Selector EX"? Go to your start menu and just type that in the bar at the bottom.

It says that nothing matches my search.

michael44130
Apprentice

You need to update the drivers.

* Go to usa.canon.com.

* Click on "Drivers & downloads"

* There will be a box to enter your model #. Example: Pixma MX922

* Toward bottom of that page you will see 5 links:

Recommended Downloads/ Drivers/ Software/ etc./ etc.

* Click on Drivers

* Select any available. (Mine had 2 available)

After the drivers are downloaded, go to the printer and select Search Again. Your PC should now apper on the screen.

Chango
Apprentice

Tried turning the machine off and back on. This worked for one document. Had to repeat the process for each document. INSANITY! Reselected the printer in the settings within the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX. No effect. Tried turning off and disconnecting power. No effect.

Hi, Chango!

Which version of Windows or Mac is in use?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Windows

Thanks for the updated information! The steps will vary depending on the specific version (ex. Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10). Which version do you have?

We look forward to your response!

Windows 10 Pro

I have found a "permanent," tho' annoying (because I have to invoke it from time to time) solution to this problem.  I cannot explain why I need to do this, but it works with just a couple of clicks.

1) When the problem is encountered, Type "Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX" into the search/program box on the  start menu (windows 7). Then <enter>

2) A dialogue will pop up.  Your printer series should be listed.  Click <OK>.  Problem solved.

3) To make this permanent, go back to the start menu, where "Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX" should now be listed.  Right click to create a shortcut, and/or pin to the taskbar.  There will now be an icon of the taskbar. Then, whenever the problem occurs...

4) Click on the "Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX" icon on the taskbar. The dialogue window will open. click <OK>  Problem solved.

It should not be necessary to do this, but when the problem occurs, the two clicks in (4) solve the problem.  The problem does occur from time to time.

Announcements