cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 scanner problem message: set the pc to start scanning

Denise
Apprentice

I am trying to scan using my MX922 printer.  I am getting a message: "set the pc to start scanning." Can't find what this means.

88 REPLIES 88

Danny

Hi, Denise!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer, along with what application(s) you're using to do this scan. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

I too am having a issue getting my Canon MX922 to scan.  The problem started when I first "connected" the new Canon MX922 Printer (at that time I could not get the new printer to work at all and had to come to Canon's site and download a driver, apparently the driver did not include scanning) I was using Win OS 7 in my computer, recently I've downloaded Win OS 10 and I'm still getting the same message on the printer "Set the PC to start scanning."  I've tried a couple of the fixes that others have posted on here but none appear to have solved the problem.  Is there any solution to this problem or am I stuck with a printer that won't scan?  Please advise.  TCrossett  1 April 2016

When I went from Win 7 to Win 10 I believe I had to go back and download the driver from the Canon website.  Suggest you first use your computer's search tool to see if you have  "IJ Network Scanner Selector EX"  If not, go to USA.Canon.com and navigate to support for the Pixma 922.  (Should look something like:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...   

and get the driver for Win 10 and install.  Hopefully that's all it will take.  Restart, can't remember if you have to go thru LAN settings on printer again or not, I think I automatically connected to my wireless network since I was connected already under Win 7. If printer still not detecting computer, launch "IJ Network Scanner Selector EX, make sure the button is selected, and say ok.  (See my 1st post.) You probably won't be changing any settings, but somehow this wakes it up.

Also, you might see if you can initiate scanning from your computer.... go to programs>Canon Utilities>IJ Scan Utility.  From there you can initiate a scan, or you can click "Instructions". Let folks know if this helped!

Thank you...I'll try everything you suggested (I did find the "IJ Network Scanner Selector EX" made no changes and clicked on OK) 🙂  If I download the driver for Win 10 I hope I don't have to reconnect the wireless...it was a beast to do 🙂  TCrossett

WINDOWS 10 - SCAN APPLICATION

I have this same problem running Windows 10

wireless scanner problem with canon mx920 . Saying set pc to start. I've been using this for awhile and never had a problem . Now its saying set pc to start. How do I fix this??

I'm using Windows 10.  The scanning is the scanning software that was with the Cannon MG7720

Hi ronjudyva,

The scanning software for your PIXMA MG7720 is the IJ Scan Utility.  This software gets installed during the driver installation on your computer.

To use the IJ Scan Utility, please view the following page from the On Line Manual of your PIXMA MG7720:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/MG7700%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

If you require further assistancce, please contact Canon's Contact Center using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements