cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 not printing well on cd disc

kerriann85
Apprentice

Here is what I'm suddenlu getting when I try to print on cd.

Not only is there a color issue, there are lines across part of the cd.

You can see it across the face and the Baer logo.

The magenta ink is showing low but I don't thin changing it will solve the stripes issue.

It prints fine on regular paper.

What do I do?

disc print issue.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If possible, try using a different brand or type of disk to see if the results are better.

If the issue persists when different disks are used, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Preacher
Apprentice

I am also having this same problem. I have printed dozens of CD's on this printer and it just started the problem recently. The printer prints fine using plain paper but it appears that the black does not print on the CD's. Assuming it was a software issue I deleted the printer driver and reinstalled but the same issue exists. I know it not the discs as I have used some from the same batch and I know its not the ink or clogged heads as those have been checked. IMG_6285.jpeg

Hello,

There are a few things that could be causing this issue. I recommend you contact Canon support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays.

You will need to have a Canon account when you call. If you have not created account, please click HERE:

hridge10
Apprentice

Hi, my problem is not color but the disc is not printing center on disc, even with the adjustment of .2 inches in the negative position, anyone else?  hope support will put answer on site.

Announcements