cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 creates duplicate file scans

cspear44
Apprentice

Scanning with IJ Scan Utility has recently begun creating duplicate pdf and jpg files. The only "solutions" I've found in this forum aren't practical for me and are unusable: 1) Return all Settings to factory default or 2) use Image Garden (never will use ImagGarden as it's extremely slow and clunky). I never had any issues in several previous years of use. Anyone with a solution that works in the real world? Thanks! (Win7, 32-bit)

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Open the IJ Scan Utility and go to Settings.  Once there, select the Default settings for each tab on the left and click OK.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hey Michael, thanks for the reply. Your "solution" for using the default settings does create a single copy that places the output file in  C:/users/name/MyDocuments. But as I mentioned, these defaults don't work for me... my C: drive is dedicated to my  Win7 OS and all data files are on a separate 😧 drive. This is done for security, reliability, speed etc so scanning to my C drive is a non-starter. My preferences for output file on 😧 drive had worked for several years. It's only been recently that the Canon outputs had begun duplicating scan results. I'd assume that "Preferences" should assume that a user shouldn't have to use defaults. I also don't use Image Garden due to it's extreme clunkiness/speed on my pc (Win7, 32bit, 4gb RAM). Any idea what has changed and how I can continue to use the preferences for output location etc that have always worked in the past?

Hi cspear44,

As Michael mentioned, if his solution didn't work, you'll need to contact technical support. They're at 1-800-828-4040. Our US-based team is available weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET), excluding holidays. 

I had the same problems, here's my settings for PDFs. Note: I save all scans to a desktop folder named "Scans - Do Not Delete."

Shot1.jpg

Announcements