Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

MX922 With Error code 1405

Hi - I have a MX922 that is a couple years old. I just got the Error Code 1405 that says "The Type of Print Head is Incorrect".  I have not done anything to the printer. It started spitting out blank sheets in the middle of a print job. I have turned it off on and on and replaced one of the low print cartridges. It continues to have the same error. I have looked on other pages about how to reset the print head but I can't find instructions specific to the MX922. Several of the support pages say to raise a print head lock lever to remove the print head but I don't see any sort of lever on my version of this printer.  Any help would be greatly appreciated it. I would prefer not to have to purchase a new printer.

Thanks,

Jessica

Product Expert

Re: MX922 With Error code 1405

Hi jessadavis,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Re: MX922 With Error code 1405

[ Edited ]

Hi I'am new to this but there are youtube videos that show how to remove and replace the print head after cleaning hope this helps!   this is my first day here hope I did this right just turned 75years old maybe I'am wrong! Let me know.

[Mod Note]: Removed email address per forum guidelines