cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Scans too Bright, Not Dark Enough

deaftolight
Apprentice

When I scan with this, the scans are too bright.  How do I make them darker?  There seems to be no brightness setting for scanning.  There is a brightness setting for copying, but not scanning.  The only workaround is to copy the document first with a dark setting, then scan the copy, which is very inconvenient.  Is there any solution to this?

13 REPLIES 13

Hi davewo,

Based on what you describe, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My scanned images are also not dark enough and I followed the instructions given for increasing the DPI.  I increased it from 300 dpi to the next level 400 dpi.  The scanned image was darker and I could read the print, but the image was almost 50% larger than the original.  How can I get a scanned image that is darker but the same size as the original?  Thanks.

Hi delicatexan.

If the scans are coming out too bright for your tastes, and the increased DPI is not acceptable, the next option is to open the ScanGear interface, with either the Correct Fading option in the Basic tab, or manually adjusting the levels in the Advanced tab.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Darius,

I opened Canon My Image Garden and clicked "Driver" at the top of the menu, which opened the Scan Driver menu.  Then I clicked on Basic Tab which provided Source choices.  The Correct Fading Option was only available for Photo Color source and I could not click it on.  Then I changed Source to Document Color ADF Simplex and Image Corrections did not show a "Correct Fading" option but a "Apply Auto Doc Fix" which I was allowed to check.  This worked when I scanned a color document which black print I could now read as dark enough. 

But Wait!  I then tested the scanner on a document placed on the platen.   Under the Basic Mode Tab I selected Document (Color) and the Automatic Document Fix showed up, but would not allow me to check it.  Also there was no Correct Fading Option.  I scanned the document on the platen anyway and still could not read the black print as too light.

Next, I went into the Advanced Mode as you suggested. The Image Adjustment option said "None" and it was faded and nd would not allow me to select or adjust it manually as you suggested.

So I am only 50% there.  I can now scan in the ADF with a readable product if I click the "Apply Automatic Doc Fix" but cannot get a readable scan if the document is on the platen.  Your thoughts?  (I have Windows 10)

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements