cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Prints but can't scan

williamauer
Contributor

I had some problems and had to reinstall my MX922 on my Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) computer. I used an Ethernet cable during installation but then switched over to wireless. But Canon IJ Scanner Selector is still showing the MAC address for the wired LAN port on the MX922 so it reports that the scanner is not connected and I can't scan anything. How can I get IJ Scanner Selector to use the correct MAC address for the wireless LAN port?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

williamauer
Contributor

I figured it out. I reinstalled the MP drivers (again!) and that fixed it. IJ Scanner Selector now has both wired and wireless MAC addresses for the scanner so all I have to do is to make sure I select the correct one.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

williamauer
Contributor

I figured it out. I reinstalled the MP drivers (again!) and that fixed it. IJ Scanner Selector now has both wired and wireless MAC addresses for the scanner so all I have to do is to make sure I select the correct one.

bbrody
Apprentice

I cannot scan and my MX922 has alway been installed as wireless.  So how do I get the scan to work?  Otherwise this printer is useless.  Running windows 10.

Hi bbrody,

Scanning represents a fairly large transfer of data, so let's start by checking the printer's connection to the network.

1. Make sure the printer is turned on, and there's a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized paper loaded.
  2. Press the Menu button.
  3. Press the right arrow and the down arrow DOWN to select  Setup, then press OK.
  4. Select  Device settings, then press OK.
  5. Use the arrow buttons UPDOWN to select LAN settings, then press OK.
  6. Use the arrow buttons UPDOWN to select Confirm LAN settings, then press OK.
  7. Use the arrow buttons UPDOWN to select Print LAN details, then press OK.
  8. Use the arrow buttons UPDOWN to select Yes, then press OK to start printing.
  9. The printer prints a page containing your network configuration details.

Much of the information will not be relevant, but the important things to look at are:

1. Is the connection active or inactive?

2. Does the SSID (network name) match the one the computer uses?

3. What is the signal strength?

4. What is the IPv4 IP address?

I look forward to your reply.

My Canon mx922 prints but won't scan.

Network configuration page

Connection: Active

SSID matches my computer/laptop

Signal Stregth 73%

Ipv4 IP address 192.168.1.2

What else do I need to do to get the scanner working? 

Hi nolimitt168,

What version of Windows are you using?   If you are using a Mac, what version of OS X is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having the same difficulty:

Connection:  Active

SSID matches

Signal Strength:  68%

IPv4 IP Address  10.0.0.40

I am on a MacBook Pro with Catalina 10.15.5

Hi ChattyKathy,

You signal strength is a little low for scanning. Canon recommend 80% or higher for scanning. If the printer is far from the router, you can try moving it a little closer.

If the printer and router are close, you can try resetting your wifi. First, turn the printer off and then go to your router and unplug the power cord to it and let it sit for 10 seconds. Then you will want to plug the power cord back in and let you network start back up.

Once the network is up and running, turn the printer on and print the network settings again. Is the signal strength still 68%?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements