cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 - Can't Change File-Type in ScanGear - Am I Missing Something?

notpleased
Apprentice

I recently purchased the MX922 & have it up and running, connected via Wired LAN thru router. The one thing that's really ticking me off is the scanning software, specifically that I can't select saving file-type IN ScanGear, but have to each time manually change the file type in the settings before scanning. What's the point of "advanced" ScanGear if I have to make manual external changes? Same with the "Custom Scan" option -- what's the point if it isn't custom after all?

To avoid this I attempted scanning thru Windows via WIA, and although the interface comes up (where I can make every selection in 1 window before the scan), some things are missing -- for ex. only "color" mode is available and no B&W/grayscale.

Any workarounds/thoughts here? This is such a simple addition for Canon -- just let us select EVERY OPTION in ScanGear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KDef
Enthusiast
Hey, did you try the "Check scan results and specify save settings" option under Document scan or photo scan? I think this might do what you're after.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

KDef
Enthusiast
Hey, did you try the "Check scan results and specify save settings" option under Document scan or photo scan? I think this might do what you're after.

Hey-- sorry for the late reply. This solved my problem! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You can select that option in settings for ScanGear too for the ultimate solution. I don't know why something so important was tucked into the settings.

Announcements