cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 says printer is out of paper but the paper is full

mbotrell
Apprentice

MY MX920 gives me the message that there is no paper in the printer, but the paper is full. I have urned off the printer multiple times and each time it gives me the same problem. Any suggestions?

52 REPLIES 52

The reason why I thought about the driver was that in my printer settings the paper size was "US letter" and was never changed in 2 years.

ladyjethro33
Apprentice
Any time I print a phone, it forces me to use the top tray. Most of the time I am printing a screen shot or something else that I don't want on photo paper. I never have paper that size to put in the top tray. Is there any way to for it to print from the bottom tray ?

I recently purchased an MX922 printer, and immediately had the same problem as everyone else.  I set up the wireless printer (no problem) and successfully printed a test page, so I knew the bottom cassette was working.  When I tried to make a simple copy, I received the same message as other posters:  no paper in lower cassette, even though I knew the cassette was full and had been working properly.

Now, I believe in science and the problems of climate change.  I take whatever reasonable steps I can to reduce my environmental impacts. In looking at the various printer settings, however, I noticed something called "Eco-print."  I turned off the various "Eco" settings, and, voila, I successfully printed my copies.

I promise to find other ways to reduce my carbon footprint.  Hope this posting helps someone with this maddening problem.

I recently ran into this problem with Mac OS Sierra, printing recipe using Chrome browser.  Found that if i clicked the print button on the web page, I had to select "print using system dialog" near the bottom of the print popup window, then change Feed From "Auto select" to "Bottom tray".  Voila! 

But, it looks like I have to do this each time, no way to save this as default.

emilywhite
Apprentice

@mbotrell wrote:

MY MX920 gives me the message that there is no paper in the printer, but the paper is full. I have urned off the printer multiple times and each time it gives me the same problem. Any suggestions?

Merri
Apprentice
THIS WORKED FOR ME!! If you're trying to print directly from your Camera Roll, save to iBooks and print from there instead.

Merri
Apprentice

eegz
Apprentice

So after much testing I found a fix that works for me. Smiley Happy

Lift the right end of the printer (as you face the front of the printer) up about 45 degrees.  (You can stand the printer on it's left side as well, but then the output door falls closed.)

While this looks wonky, it is working 100% of the time now.

My WAG is that the springs which hold the rollers against the paper weakened over time and tilting the printer allows the paper to be picked up easier by separating it and reducing the force needed to pick it up.

Give it a shot and see if it works for you. A rather large printer sitting at 45 degrees on a table top makes an interesting conversation piece.

Tilagal
Apprentice
If you're trying to print from your computer you have to manually put in bottom tray to print normal letters. Once you hit print, go into media/ Quality, and there should be a button to hit bottom tray.

Merri
Apprentice
This works for me every time I receive that error code:

•Send whatever you’re printing to “Create a PDF File”
•Print DIRECTLY from PDF File

******NO changing paper or paper trays involved!!*****
Announcements