cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 says printer is out of paper but the paper is full

mbotrell
Apprentice

MY MX920 gives me the message that there is no paper in the printer, but the paper is full. I have urned off the printer multiple times and each time it gives me the same problem. Any suggestions?

52 REPLIES 52

Same problem. Nothing is working. Next stop - the roof to pitch the printer off of it.

Hi christinastl! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If are you in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Hi christinastl,

If you have tried the prior recommendations in this thread and are still experiencing difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This isn't really an answer to the question, is it? 

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.2 on a powerbook. I'm printing a document from a web page viewed through chrome (Version 41.0.2272.101 (64-bit).

Yesterday, I printed just fine. Today, I cannot get the paper to revert to the lower tray. The printer is set for 8.5x11, I'm trying to print 8.5x11. I have restarted the printer and I have removed the printer and added it back to the my settings on the powerbook. 

The question is, is there something with the trays that needs to be reset to get it to print properly? The lower tray has paper; we have never used the upper tray. 

So, no, your printer isn't automatically selecting the tray based on paper size and media. 

Hi mitchlund,

If you save the webpage as a PDF file from Google Chrome and then try to print it from Adobe Reader, are you able to print it from the lower cassette tray without error?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

To answer your question.  No, there is no setting with the trays that needs to be reset. 

However, I've found that sometimes when printing from Chrome the paper size setting will change in the browser.  This causes the "auto paper select" function of the printer to fail. Basilly the application is telling printer to print in a paper size other than 8.5x11.

Make sure that you change the paper type to "Letter or 8.5x11" within the computer application that you're printing from.

Hope this helps.

I have the same problem with my mx922. Even when i try to use it as a copier. I get "Support Code 1008. There is no paper in the cassette (lower).

Why won't envelopes print from the upper tray?

And when I put the appropriate paper in the upper tray,

why does it print from the lower tray?

I find the 922 to be an unsatisfactory product.

Dear Team, 

I have a Canon MX726 and it's brand new I only bought it yesterday and decided to start printing today. I loaded all the paper and checked for paper jams. I even did paper feeding and it still says I have no paper. However this only happens when I try to print JPEG / JPG images. Other formats are alright. I've also made sure that the paper is loaded in the lower cassette which is where the error is coming from. 

Thanks for the help!

Hi maabeltang,

To try and resolve the issue, please ensure that the paper size and type selected in the application that you are printing the JPEG images from matches the paper size and type loaded in the printer.  Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Announcements