cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 prints multiple copies

deec223
Apprentice

MX920 prints multiple copies even though print menu is set to 1 copy.  How do I troubleshoot this?

14 REPLIES 14

I'm also having the problem with my MX470 series priner.

It seems to be random.  Sometimes I only get the 1 copy requested, but often it prints multiple copies.

I'm using Windows 8.

I'm using the printer wirelessly.

I hope there's a solution as this is wasting ink and paper!!!!

nondrus
Apprentice

Im having same issue with windows 10.   Printing multiple copies.  I am printing over wireless  MB2100

Hi nondrus,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Spoke wit Canon tech support and this worked for me. I have a Maxify MB2720 and the printer port being used was WSD. I disabled WSD and added a static IP address. On your computer, go to control panel, devices and printers, right click on your printer icon, and select properties. In the properties box there should be a tab for "ports". Click ports and if WSD is selected this is what I did. Go to your printer, Lan settings, and disable WSD and determine which IP address is being used, usually 192.168.1.xxx. Go back to your computer, control panel, devices and printers, right click on your printer icon, properties, ports, add port, in the menu choose TCP/IP and next, a dialog box open, select ok, then type in the IP address in the box, both boxes will populate. Select ok, click yes if prompted. Click apply and OK. You will have to do this on each divice connected to your printer. Different operating systems may have different tabs but this is the jist. If you are using windows 10 make sure to go through control panel and not just settings. Hope this helps.

MrsChaz2
Apprentice

I am having the same problem.  When resetting my printer, I found the LAN it was using was from my Roku device, not my wireless network.  I reset the LAN to my network, and it seems to have fixed the problem.  I also reset it to factory settings.

Announcements