cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 printer in error state

nichfinder77
Apprentice

"printer in error state," is not discussed anywhere I could find.  Does someone have a clue to

reverse this...?

[Mod note: Personal information removed for your protection. Please see FORUM GUIDELINES]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Call the Canon number and they helped me fix it quickly and easily by rebooting my router.  Thank you, William!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

SeemaBharti
Apprentice

Are you facing Windows 10 printer problems like Printer in an error state or unable to print or connect?

If your Windows 10 compatible printer’s displaying “Printer in error state” there may be a problem with the printer itself.

So before doing any changes, make sure the printer is properly turned on, connected to your PC by the cable or Wi-Fi connection. Also, check it for the low paper or ink and be sure printer’s cover isn’t open and the paper isn’t jammed.

I have also faced this annoying error a month ago and thankfully making few changes in the Port Settings through Device Manager helped me in this situation. Here's how to fix Printer in Error State:

• First of all, open Device Manager.
  • Click on View menu and then choose "Show hidden devices".
  • Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) and right click on Printer Port then select Properties.
  • Now, go to the Port Settings tab and then select “Use any interrupt assigned to the port” option.
  • And also check the “Enable legacy Plug and Play detection” box.
  • Finally, click on OK button to save the changes and then restart your PC.

These changes in Port Settings should fix Printer in Error State in Windows 10 operating system.

Article Source:

http://www.zerodollartips.com/printer-in-error-state-windows-10/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4028004/windows-printer-in-error-state

I hope it helps.

Thanks

msbhaven68
Apprentice

After fiddling around with it for awhile,  I finally found the solution and as it turned out, it was a much easier fix than what I expected.  Not sure if this is the problem with everybodys issue but all I had to do was:

With the printer turned on:

Disconnect from my ISP & then reconnect to my ISP.

As soon as I did that, this error message went away and my print job printed. 

Thanks - I'll try that. It certainly can't hurt.

Hope it helps.  Good luck

I disconnect my router and reconnected like you said and my printer is now working!  Thanks for the simple fix.

A great fix.  Messed around for days trying to fix this problem and just noticed your suggestion.  So why not, and it worked.

Thanks.

rimueller
Apprentice

I pulled the power plug from the printer for 5 minutes; that did not solve the problem, even when the printer was hard-wired to my computer.  Then I read it might be a wifi/port problem.  I unpluged the router.  With the printer hard-wired, I was able to scan and print.  Then I re-powered the router, and everything reset.  Printer and scanner are working through the wifi now; hard-wire is removed since I only have one USB port and need it for other operations besides running my printer.

Robert917C
Apprentice

Solved in my case as below: (Firewall issue).

1) All other methods tried. (e.g. Turning off router, computer, modem etc, software reinstall, rebootoong computer, hard reset, attempt to update firmware, many others). 

2) Solution - Anti Virus (Norton in this case listed the "Spooler SubSystem App" as blocked. C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe as a blocked program under Firewalls Setting - Program Control - allow - apply -close. 

3) Complete resolved instantly. Unclear how this suddendly was listed as a blocked program. 

Announcements