cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 printer in error state

nichfinder77
Apprentice

"printer in error state," is not discussed anywhere I could find.  Does someone have a clue to

reverse this...?

[Mod note: Personal information removed for your protection. Please see FORUM GUIDELINES]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Call the Canon number and they helped me fix it quickly and easily by rebooting my router.  Thank you, William!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Stephen

Hello nichfinder77!

Welcome to the Canon Forums! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

OK, so no one knows the solution to "printer in error state." for my MX922!?

Ramona
Authority

Hi nichfinder 77,

To try and resolve the error, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 5 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the error continues, so we can better assist you, please let us know what operating system you have on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X), as well as if the printer is connected wirelessly or via USB cable. 

For more immedate assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Did ALL of the above and it still isn't working ~ piece of garbage, not like my former Canon. Won't be a Canon in my future if no resolution for this!!! VERY disappointed in Canon.

“MX922 Printer in error state.” SOLVED! (at least for me.)

Had this problem for a few days. Tried to solve it myself. Rebooted laptop, re installed printer drivers, turned it on and off, rebooted router, etc. No luck.

Called Canon service. Technician led me through various procedures. We isolated problem to a router port issue, not the printer or the laptop. He emailed me information to help solve the issue with the router manufacturer and/or the internet service provider.

(By the way, you CAN print a ‘test page’ straight from the printer without a computer by going through the MX922’s own menu to its ‘Set Up’ screen. It has a pix of pliers, screwdrivers, etc. Then you must click down through to “Print LAN settings”. It is buried three or four screens deep in the ‘Set Up’ sub-menu.)

After all this, I opened a Bitcoin account and had to consult a credit card account to do it. My security program, Bitdefender, interceded with its own secure pages. I ran a scan after this transaction just to see if the security software had found anything on the laptop since the last time I checked. It didn’t, but informed me I had to update it. Which I did.

Then voila! Suddenly the MX922 started printing out the official Canon test page the tech and I tried to print out earlier. I tried printing out another document. It printed too!

The updated security software had found traces of a hotel’s WiFi that I had been using earlier in the week. I’m guessing the hotel’s WiFi had changed some things around and Bitdefender must’ve set things straight again.

So, it you get a “Printer in error state” message, it might be because an unsecured Wifi connection you may have used had switched your laptop's communication ports around.

Call the Canon number and they helped me fix it quickly and easily by rebooting my router.  Thank you, William!

I just got the same error message, and I have unplugged my printer.  I hope this works.

Nope.  Tried this.  It didn't work.

Calling Monday 5:47 AZ time.  Not during their business hours.

Announcements