Canon Community Canon Community

HMH
New Contributor

Re: MX892 getting error B200, any way to fix it? Based on forums this is printing head error.

Does not work on my machine.
HMH
New Contributor

Re: MX892 getting error B200, any way to fix it? Based on forums this is printing head error.

no one should buy a canon until they solve the problem unless it built into the machine so that yo0u hyave to purchase a new one. I called canon tech support and they could only try to sell me another printer for a 10% discount. The tech said he never heard of erro B200?

HMH
New Contributor

does not work, no matter how many times you do it.
HMH
New Contributor

done all suggestde, even cleaned heads. nothing workes

New Contributor

Worked first time! Thank you!
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, it worked, hopefully it will work for a long time, love this printer, have been using cheap Chinese ink in it since new and have been using it and an older model for over 5 years!
Occasional Contributor

Turn off printer

Disconnect from AC

Press OK button on printer 5 times

Reconnect AC

Turn on printer

If this does not work

Try  several more times

If it still does not work

Try again but do not turn on printer until next morning

This has worked for me twice so far.

Also you might try removing the print head and rinsing under hot water until water runs clear before you start the above procedure.

New Contributor

Well, I followed the directions to let the inks go halfway across and then I closed the printer and got it to start working.  But a minute later it completely shut down and wont turn on at all now.

Occasional Contributor

Well, it worked for awhile, but then died for GOOD!  Went on Ebay and bought a new, SEALED printhead for $50.00, now back and running like NEW!  HINT, never let an ink cartridge run out of ink, when they do so, it apparently FRIES the print head's electronics!

New Contributor

Wow, this really worked, and I was really skeptical. This has been a problem for two weeks and we now have a working printer again. THANKS!