Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: MX892 getting error B200, any way to fix it? Based on forums this is printing head error.

Turn off printer

Disconnect from AC

Press OK button on printer 5 times

Reconnect AC

Turn on printer

If this does not work

Try  several more times

If it still does not work

Try again but do not turn on printer until next morning

This has worked for me twice so far.

Also you might try removing the print head and rinsing under hot water until water runs clear before you start the above proceedure.

New Contributor

Re: MX892 getting error B200, any way to fix it? Based on forums this is printing head error.

Hi,

This trick does not work for me.

Other one with lifting up ink cartridge cover did. Thank's to kdean823.

Best,

Tommy

New Contributor

I replaced the printhead as other suggested and this solved the problem.  I wonder if the printhead failure is the result of using non-Canon ink.  Any others with experience or problems using non-Canon inks?

Occasional Contributor

I use non canon ink all the time, its not an ink problem.Try the following: 

Turn off printer

Disconnect from AC

Press OK button on printer 5 times

Reconnect AC

Turn on printer

If this does not work

Try  several more times

If it still does not work

Try again but do not turn on printer until next morning

This has worked for me twice so far.

Also you might try removing the print head and rinsing under hot water until water runs clear before you start the above proceedure.

New Contributor

I tried this and it worked! I also hit the okay button 5 times during doing instruction 5!

Thanks kdean!😜
New Contributor

This worked for me.  I cleaned the ribbon as well as taking out all the cartridges and cleaning the holder.  I think the problem was a cartridge that I had refilled.  I threw it away and got a factory one.  Didn't want to chance it. 

New Contributor

worked for me! first try. hopefully it stays that way. i'll update. Thanks so much!

New Contributor

Thank you Kdean823 your way to fix this problem did work just fine on the 2nd attempt.

Thanks

New Contributor

Worked!  Just awesome and thanks ever so much!

Occasional Contributor

Happy to be of help. Glad that it worked for you.

Tommy G