cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 getting error B200, any way to fix it? Based on forums this is printing head error.

TommyM
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kdean823
Apprentice

Here is what worked for me: 1. Turn OFF Power 2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks) 3. Turn ON power 4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way 5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover. 6. Leave the Printer turned on 7. Good to go. It took 2 attempts before it worked. Some people said it took 3-4 attempts. Now, prior to this, I did clean the pads the cartridges sit on and used a qtip to wipe the encoder strip. I`m not sure if it was the combination of those things or just doing the fix.

Read more: How do I canon mx892 clear error B200? - Printer can`t clear error message B200 how do i clear it off so i can print ? I had a cartridge that was low that i replaced and tried a couple of procedures that did`nt work. :: Ask Me Fast at http://www.askmefast.com/How_do_I_canon_mx892_clear_error_B200-qna7553770.html#q4728865

View solution in original post

71 REPLIES 71

Worked for me the first time.  Thank you.

That worked for me, thought I would have to buy a new printer. Tech support was no help

Worked like a charm, saving me much frustration an d high blood pressure. Thanks for making the effort of offering this solution.Much appreciated!

I tried this and it worked great, but after a few weeks the same odious B200 message reappeared. I attempted the same procedure with only temporarly results.

I figured that if it was indeed a printhead problem I would try to clean the printhead using the printer's own maintenance features, not removing and cleaning the head myself. So I managed to get the printer to stay on, the went to the Menu and selected Maintenance. There I clicked on Cleaning and followed the steps. My printhead is fine as are the nozzles -- the test printout looked great. 

So now it's working again. I really pamper my printer and love it, so I was surprised that it malfunctioned. We'll see how long this lasts.

Thank you kdean823, I tried this for my MX922 and it worked first try,
I can't thank you enough for posting this.

thank you, worked the first time I tried.

Having my Pixma MX892 working since I bought it new on Sept. 2012 (more than 6 yrs).
Working whenever I needed! Always great technical support! In anothere words: very happy with my printer.
Today had this B200 error message for the 1st time. Called support. Techs were at lunch, left message. In the meantime till they call I googled and got to this forum.

Tried crwchf1’s solution (Press OK button on printer 5 times) tried twice, didn’t work.
Tried kdean823’s, (…print carriage to start moving to the left…) worked like a charm on first attemp.
If error message will “come back” will update here.
Thanks kdean!

That method worked great the first time.

thanks,

John

This worked for me. 7/30/2019. Thanks!!

Waiting for the cartridges to move and closing the lid worked for me. The 5 OKs did not.
Announcements