cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 getting error B200, any way to fix it? Based on forums this is printing head error.

TommyM
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kdean823
Apprentice

Here is what worked for me: 1. Turn OFF Power 2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks) 3. Turn ON power 4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way 5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover. 6. Leave the Printer turned on 7. Good to go. It took 2 attempts before it worked. Some people said it took 3-4 attempts. Now, prior to this, I did clean the pads the cartridges sit on and used a qtip to wipe the encoder strip. I`m not sure if it was the combination of those things or just doing the fix.

Read more: How do I canon mx892 clear error B200? - Printer can`t clear error message B200 how do i clear it off so i can print ? I had a cartridge that was low that i replaced and tried a couple of procedures that did`nt work. :: Ask Me Fast at http://www.askmefast.com/How_do_I_canon_mx892_clear_error_B200-qna7553770.html#q4728865

View solution in original post

71 REPLIES 71

crwchf1
Contributor

Try turning printer off, disconnect from electric. Press OK button on printer 5 times, reconnect electric, turn on printer. It worked for me.  B200 error code gone. This advice came from Canon support.

Thank's for idea, did not work. This is 2nd Canon died on me. No more Canon-junk. New printing head is $90, used $50-60. I'm going to swith to cheap Epson ($60-70 on sale) and change it to new one every 2 years or so.

Best,

Tom

Sorry, forgot to say. When I tried the 1st time it did not work. Tried again 24 hours later and it worked.Sorry again, mayby it might work.

Tommy G

no one should buy a canon until they solve the problem unless it built into the machine so that yo0u hyave to purchase a new one. I called canon tech support and they could only try to sell me another printer for a 10% discount. The tech said he never heard of erro B200?

I will probably go back to HP printers.

Turn off printer

Disconnect from AC

Press OK button on printer 5 times

Reconnect AC

Turn on printer

If this does not work

Try  several more times

If it still does not work

Try again but do not turn on printer until next morning

This has worked for me twice so far.

Also you might try removing the print head and rinsing under hot water until water runs clear before you start the above procedure.

Does not work on my machine.

When you have the power off you can't see any of the buttons light up. Ok button only lights up when power is on. I tried this and it didn't work.

Worked for me on first try. Will post again if any further problems.
Announcements