cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX882 will not open scangear/ MP Nav thru desktop. Does open & scan thru laptop (wifi) Windows 7

Maje
Contributor

HP computers. Solution Menu EX does not have autoscan option on desktop.Correct 3 folders in Windows file.

Here is the error message I get:

Cannot open MP Navigator EX. Check the following points:1) the supported model of this software is as follows:Canon MP493,360,410,420, 880 series When your product is not listed, install correrspondent MP Navigator or MP Navigator EX.

2) MP driver/scanner driver which supports your product model is installed.

3) Your product model is connected to PC properly and the power is ON, if there is a power supply.

4) Reconnect the USB cable when connected with USB.

I tried deleting Canon programs and copying them back on the desktop from the laptop but that didn't help.

Asking for any ideas as to what I can do to get scanning back on my desktop. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Maje.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue.  Please perform the following:

1.  Click Start and open the Control Panel.

2.  Open Programs and Features.

3.  Uninstall the MX880/MP Drivers, the MP Navigator and the Canon IJ Network Tool.

4.  Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, we will reinstall.  Please visit the following link to reinstall the MX880 series MP Driver and the MP Navigator program.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx882#Dr... 

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements