cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX700 and Windows 10

nigelcook
Apprentice

Installed Windows 10 and my MX700 no longer works.

There appear to be no available drivers, and the message from Canon is to upgrade my printer.

Really?

29 REPLIES 29

no problem, glad I could still be helping others out and not having to buy a new print/scanner when the old one works just fine.

Thanks a ton for taking the time to post this.... super big help!!

Nick

I didn't even erase the existing drivers and downloaded my old 8.1 64 bit OS sofware, and the scanner started working. I had also downloaded the MP Navigator, first, but couldn't install it, since the supporting drivers were missing.

It was necessary to download the old software (Mini Master) and then all was well.

Canon states that one's old drivers should work on Windows 10, but with unpredictable results "unknown to Canon."

But I think it is terrible that they are telling people to "just buy a new printer," since they obviously must know that the old printer will work just fine.

I won't be purchasing any other Canon products from now on.

Well done! SmD71nG and others! Thank you. 

Instructions were perfect. I was really concerned that I couldn't get it to work, and am also glad there are people out there that still like the MX700. I got it for school years ago and has not let me down (knock on wood).

Thanks for taking the time to post this. If you didn't, I may have moved on to something else. 

They made a really good product, and I want to keep it for as long as I can.

Cheers!!

No problem man. The thing is, canon makles good products. But they just don't wanna deal with support all the much. When I called them or emailed them, there wasn't even an attempt to fix the issue. It was straight to sending me coupon codes for new Printers. When i told htem I just need the updated drivers for windows 10 and that nothing is actual wrong with it, they just ignored me.  Reason being that this printer is fairly old, but it is still not old enough to be totally phased out.

What really ticked me off the most though, is the fact that I was able to figure out a work around in three hours, where as they have a massive team that is actualy dedicated to fixing issues like this. and they just shrug it off, thinking people are too lazy to bother with it. 

Either or, glad it worked out for you. Hope this fixs holds for all of you guys!

larioul
Apprentice

Hi all,

First thanks to SmD71nG

On my side I install last week Windows10 from zero.

To print no problem :  I use md6l-win-mx700-1_02-ea24 for Windows 8.1 x64 to find my network printer.

and the installation is successfull and print also.

To scan no problem : I use Windos Fax and Scan and wonder ! I found my printer.

with Microsoft scan  can you scan into pdf? I have all the problems, plus this one (when returning to Wiondows 7 PRO): it scans only into image.

mgs
Apprentice

More discriminatory: if you live in the USA, Canon gives you a special deal to replace the PIXMA MX700.

If you live elsewhere ... it is your sole problem.

SmD71nG
Contributor
Yeah, but the deal to buy a new one isnt really that great. It is basically $20 off. No sense in replacing something that still works just fine.

jwketch
Apprentice

What Canon isn't telling you is that you can install the drivers designated for Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 10, and everything will work fine.  If you scan through previous posts on this thread, you will find detailed instructions.

Announcements