cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX310 not scanning to pdf

katpe
Apprentice

Suddenly printer does not scan documents to save to PDF. Only can save as JPEG, TIFF, BMP formats and then convert them to PDF.

Unistalled and installed device but problem persist. OS win7 Ultimate. Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi katpe,

The MP Navigator can scan multiple pages and save them as one PDF file.  To create a multiple page PDF using the MP Navigator, please follow these steps:

1.  Place the pages that you wish to scan face up in the ADF of your PIXMA MX310until you hear a beep.  Adjust the document guides to the edges of the paper.

2.  Click on Start, All Programs, Canon Utilities, MP Navigator EX and then MP Navigator EX to open that program.

3.  Point to Scan/Import and click Stack of Documents (ADF).

4.  Next to Document Type, choose the type of document that you are scanning.

5.  Click the Specify button.

6.  Make sure that the Document Size is set to the size of the pages that are being scanned.

7.  Click OK.

8.  Click the green Scan button.

9.  Once scanning is complete, please click the Save As PDF button.

10.  If you would like to rearrange the pages, you can click and drag the pages in the order desired.

11.  Give the file a descriptive name in the File Name box.

12.  Click Browse next to Save In and choose a location that you wish to save the PDF file.

13.  Click Save and the multiple page PDF will be saved in the location that was specified.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your response. What you have suggested are the normal procedures to follow in orden to scan documents with which I am very familiar after years of use.

The problem we are trying to solve is that scanner fail to scan to PDF. MX navigator was installed and reinstalled and the problem persist. Thus, the only solution I have found so far is to scan as BMP, which the scanner allows, and then convert to PDF.

At other times when trying to scan to PDF, a message also appears stating that there is not enough space in disk. Definetely, it is not the case as I have plenty of unused space in disk. 

Thanks again for your efforts.

@katpe wrote:

Thanks for your response. What you have suggested are the normal procedures to follow in orden to scan documents with which I am very familiar after years of use.

The problem we are trying to solve is that scanner fail to scan to PDF. MX navigator was installed and reinstalled and the problem persist. Thus, the only solution I have found so far is to scan as BMP, which the scanner allows, and then convert to PDF.

At other times when trying to scan to PDF, a message also appears stating that there is not enough space in disk. Definetely, it is not the case as I have plenty of unused space in disk. 

Also meet same issue, PDF cannnot be detecetd, thank you for giving solution for it. 

katpe wrote:

Yep indeed. Thanks for your nice sharing. It does help.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements