cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX310 Printer with 5100 error message

karak
Apprentice

I just received this error message.  Could it occur if I am completely out of colored ink? I have turned it off/on, disconnected from my computer, ensured there is no paper jam etc.  I am just stuck.  I hate to buy more ink just in case the printer has come to the end of its life.  Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Victorious
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem.  My printer printed 1 page just fine.  Then the 2nd print it came up with this error 5100.  Printer is a Canon MX310 all-in-one series.  I already changed both ink cartridges and followed the directions to reset the ink print absorber, I also cleaned the clear and black strip so that nothing is inhibiting the ink carraige from moving.  However, the alarm light is still lit amber.  I keep hearing a heavy sound when it sets.  I've also checked all the areas for jammed paper... even though nothing jammed.

Somebody, please help.  I need this for printing for my small business.

Hi Victorious,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the error wont clear, the printer will need to be replaced since repair service is no longer provided for this model.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade program.This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements