cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 922 stopped printing and will not end/quit.

apthio
Apprentice

Operating system: Windows 10; MX922 connectedto computer via USB cord.

Printer started normal printing a card (done many times before).

Printer stopped printing in middle of job; some ink being low, I stopped  the program and replaced the cartridges. When I want to turn printer off, it keeps hanging with message "Ending, please wait awhile".  This was > 2 hrs ago.

Question: shoud I unplug it or disconnect from computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi apthio,

Please unplug the USB cable from your PIXMA MX922.  If the "Ending, please wait awhile" message continues for more than 5 minutes, please unplug the power cord from your PIXMA MX922 to reset you printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi apthio,

Please unplug the USB cable from your PIXMA MX922.  If the "Ending, please wait awhile" message continues for more than 5 minutes, please unplug the power cord from your PIXMA MX922 to reset you printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Today, a document was sent to my Canon MX922 printer and suddenly it displayed "Ending... Please wait a while."

I waited half an hour. While waiting, I searched Google for the message displayed and found this forum. Much to my surprise there was a solution posted and 1 reply with Kudos! So, I gave it a go. I followed the instructions in the post.

I unplugged the USB cable, waited several more minutes and the message persisted. Then I unplugged the power cord.

I must admit I was floored when it came up working.

This solution worked for me. Thank you!

Announcements