cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 922: How Do I replace printhead

daxinn
Apprentice

I exchanged my Canon MX 922 printer under the warranty exchange program. The instructions are to remove the print head and ink tanks, to be installed in the new unit. I removed the ink tanks, but cannot see how to remove the print head, and the instructions are not making sense to me. They refer to a "lock lever" which I cannot identify.

I must be missing something obvious!

13 REPLIES 13

Crista
Whiz

Hi daxinn!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks!

Ramona
Authority

Hi daxinn,

To remove the print head from the unit, please follow the steps and illustrations located at the link below:

PIXMA MX922 Removing the Print Head

Hope this helps!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

this link does not work

Hi, reimerosa!

Thanks for spotting that for us.  That post was made about two years ago and we've revamped our web site in that time, causing some old web addresses to no longer work.  We found the article in question and you'll find it HERE.

We hope this helps!

did not help.  can't get the printerhead installed.  when the printerhead is in it's receptapcle it makes a squeaking noise and then a bunch of errors.  I have removed it and rpted the operation several times.  also, when the printerhead is on the ink cartridges won't go in, so it's obviosly not locked in position.  I am really sick of this.  I bought a brand new printer, which was broken and rcved in exchange a rebuilt, used printer with missing parts.  Cannon needs to fix this!!

We can understand your frustration!  This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).  All of our support is free of charge.

Thanks and have a great day!

called the number and got the printhead installed finally.  seems there is a step that is not mentioned in the video.  now I am tyring to get the printer and computer to recognize each other.  will satrt searching the forums for some info.  what ever happened to plugging them into each and voila-it prints?

I have same problem. I bought a brand new CANON printer MX922. It doesnt work. I got a rebuilt one. Thank you but: I can't instal print head by myself. I checked all videos online. I read all your papers. I worked so hard . I am very tired now. It is very important part and should instal by an expert. Maybe my print head is damaged now. Or my printer.  I don't know why CANON thinks it is easy to instal for everyone . I know that it is super easy for a person who knows about that but for most people in the first time ...NO.  Why CANON doesn't send the final product? why we have to pay to an expert to finish your work? Why we have to spend our weekend  to fix your product? .

I called tech support and it seems there is this little bar in the front of where the printerhead goes.  it has colors that match up to the ink cartridges.  You have to pull it forward, which is nowhere in the limited intructions I had.  I had to tug on it pretty hard to get it to move.  Was scared it would break!  Then the printhead slipped right in!  So it prints now after almost 4 weeks of frustration.  Now to get it wireless! Don't think that will happen.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements