Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

MX 920 Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond.

MX 920 less than a year old, and I am not a heavy user, in fact I use it infrequently.

Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer.

I made sure. I also turned it off and unplugged it for a few minutes. didn't help.

I have a MacBook Pro, OS X (10.9.2)

Product Expert

Re: MX 920 Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond.

Hello inalan,

To resolve the issue you described, try deleting then re-adding the printer driver.  After confirming that  the printer is powered on, perform the following:

1.  In the Apple menu, open System Preferences.

2.  Open Print and scan.

3.  To add the printer, click the Plus (+) sign.

4.  Select the printer to add, then click 'Add'.

5.  The printer is added.

After the printer driver has been re-added, see if the error still occurs.  If the issue continues to persist, then the driver will need to be uninstalled from the computer.

If you need more immediate assistance, please contact our support group: http://bit.ly/ContactCanon

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Re: MX 920 Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond.

I have this problem all the time.  I try everything; sometimes it works, but not always.