cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP830 printhead error message

Maryruthmarks
Apprentice

After I put in a large black cartridge in my MP830 printer, it comes up with a message saying 

"The type of printhead is incorrect.  Install the correct print head"

I did nothing different except put in new black ink cartridge (small one) then needed the large one done and had to wait for a delivery from Staples for the larger cartridge.  So installed large black cartridge and error message as above.

I have removed the printhead and reinstalled it according to Karl1, product expert, have turned it on and off; repeated the printhead reinstall and same message as in paragraph 1.

New printheads are $249 which is ridiculous and all this seems to be a problem with others with this product.  

Help please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maryruthmarks
Apprentice

I saw that you replied but I cannot find your reply.  The only one is the reply that you gave to mags which was the same problem I had.

email me at (MOD NOTE: Email address removed per Forum Guidelines) with how to get to your reply and with a resolution to this seemingly common problem.  I need to print and will go buy another printer but not a Canon if you can't come up with a good solution.

Mary Ruth

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Maryruthmarks
Apprentice

I saw that you replied but I cannot find your reply.  The only one is the reply that you gave to mags which was the same problem I had.

email me at (MOD NOTE: Email address removed per Forum Guidelines) with how to get to your reply and with a resolution to this seemingly common problem.  I need to print and will go buy another printer but not a Canon if you can't come up with a good solution.

Mary Ruth

What is the solution. I seem to be missing it somewhere. I don't see it.

I tried reinstalling the printhead like they said and it did nothing.  Ugh.

Thank you for your help. I just bought an Epson WF-3530 and love it. I can even print from my smartphone.

@cybrbrze wrote:
Thank you for your help. I just bought an Epson WF-3530 and love it. I can even print from my smartphone.

I will surely buy another brand then cannon next time. Sick error

NOTHING HAPPENS !!!!! Is this some sort of "Oh noooo you need to buy a new onee sorry"-**bleep** fron canon? They can **bleep** themselves. sorry it just pisses me off that nothing works and the only advice is to turn the machine off?? sorry but this is 2014 not 1914......... hope your printer start working soon!!!!!

/angry swedish girl. ........

@kerstin wrote:

NOTHING HAPPENS !!!!! Is this some sort of "Oh noooo you need to buy a new onee sorry"-**bleep** fron canon? They can **bleep** themselves. sorry it just pisses me off that nothing works and the only advice is to turn the machine off?? sorry but this is 2014 not 1914......... hope your printer start working soon!!!!!

/angry swedish girl. ........

Agree with you fully. Same problem with my printer. Only beep when pushing buttons. Why no ignore error button on the device. I want to use the scanner and don't give a **bleep** about the printer function. But I can't switch on the function buttons from printer mode to scanner mode. Only BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!!! What a joke// Angry Swedish guy

rstrickland17
Apprentice

I have the error "The type of print head is incorrect....."  Last time error occured I installed new cartridge and problem was solved.  Now have replaced all 5 cartridges and problem remains.  What is the recommended next step?

Reboot the printer. If that doesn't work You can remove, clean and reinstall the printed. If that doesn't work buy a new printer. Print heads are very expensive.
Announcements