cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP600 orange light ON - locked up. Won't print. Error message

Haydini
Apprentice

In addition to the GREEN light (which is always on when the unit is on), my Canon MP600 has the ORANGE light ON. (NOT flashing - just ON)

It's stuck/locked up and the error message reads "The device may be incompatible. Remove the device and check the manual supplied with the connected device."

However, there is NO DEVICE connected. This printer is connected to my PC like it has been for years and that's it. 

I unplugged everything, etc... that didn't work. It's so frustrating!HELP.... 😞

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi Haydini!

Welcome to the Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your printer (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet). Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

I'm using Windows XP and a USB connection. (Maybe the USB cable is "caput"?)

Hi Haydini,

I would like to see what shows up on the LCD when you have nothing connected.  Disconnect all cables from the printer with the exception of the power cable, then turn the printer off and back on again and let us know if you get the same error on the LCD.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've tried TWO NEW cables and the printer will work for a little while, then I get that same error message.

When I unplug the cable, and power off/on, sometimes the error message remains.. sometimes it's gone. Bizarre!

Announcements