cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP280 Printer will not print anything on paper

brittnietorres
Apprentice

Hello i need help with my MP280 printer, i just purchased it and i tried to print something for the first time today and it tells me that it is printing but when it comes out there is not anything actually printed on the paper. I tried alighning the printer but still nothing prints on the printer? What more can I possible do? Please Help

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi brittnietorres,

First, please make sure that the ink installed in the printer is the correct ink.  The correct ink cartridges are the PG-210 Black and CL-211 Color.

Next, a test page should be printed.  The nozzle check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  To perform the test, please follow these steps:

1.  Ensure that the printer is powered on and the LED displays a 1.

2.  Open the paper output tray.

3.  Load a sheet Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

4.  Press the <Maintenance> button once to display [A].  The Maintenance button is the button on the left hand side of the Operator's panel which has the wrench and screwdriver label above it.

5.  Press the Black Start button. The machine will print a nozzle check pattern. 

If the test page does not print correctly, printhead cleanings should be performed.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Ensure that the printer is powered on and the LED displays a 1.

2.  Press the <Maintenance> button once to display [H].  The Maintenance button is the button on the left hand side of the Operator's panel which has the wrench and screwdriver label above it.

3.  Press the Black Start button. The cleaning will commence.

After performing a few cleanings, please print another test page.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements