cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP2050 wrong colours

Anch
Apprentice

I was SO happy with my Pixma until it died, and not thrilled with the HP that followed, so I decided to go back to Canon for a multifunction printer. As Pixma was no longer available, I ended up with an MP2050. However, I have never experienced such poor colour-recognition - neither when scanning nor when copying. Pink becomes purple, yellow becomes curry, bright orange becomes rusty red, brown becomes dark purple. So... basically it is quite useless in terms of anything to do with colour.

My driver is up to date. My ink is new. I have tried to adjust colour via ScanGear - but it only really adjusts the white background colour - not the actual colours.

What can I do???? - Or should I simply return it to the shop as defect?

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello, Anch!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market, and your printer isn't a model that we support here in the USA.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

If you are in the US, please call support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during the week from 10am to 10pm (ET) so we can look into this. 

Thank you, Stephen, for that information. I didn't know that. I hope that there is a solution so I will not have to return my printer to the manufacturer - that is always such a nuisance!

I'm sure there is a solution. You'll just want to reach out to Canon in your area to find out about calibrating your printer appropriately. They should have you up and running in no time! 

Thank you - I have conacted them now and I hope so! As I say, I was thrilled with the Pixma.
Announcements