cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator and High Sierra

Mike12
Contributor

After installing macOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra) MP Navigator EX 4.0 has ceased to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Mark.  In the elegance stakes, that solution scores zero, I'm afraid!  Fortunately, by updating MP Navigator to v4.0.5 and reinstalling the IJ Network Tool in its latest version, all problems with my MG 6150 have been overcome.  Took me a couple of hours to sort that out and I would have hoped for an auto-update from Canon, to be honest, but the job's done, thankfully.  Hopefully this might help other sufferers.

View solution in original post

243 REPLIES 243

Sheila4
Apprentice

Same problem. I use CanonMP250 printer.

lucky_hips
Apprentice

I have the same problem : MP 490 scanner/printer, High Sierra 10.13.1 MP Navigator EX 3 quits unexpectedly. Except now I expect it.

subbiava
Apprentice

As a work around for my MX882, I installed the Canon Quick Menu.  It keeps a little icon on the dekstop and on the dock.  If you click it once, it is able to scan from the platen or the ADF.  It's an extra step, but it keeps the scanner working.

Also, scanning under high sierra, and this method is slower by about 4-5 seconds per page.  Beats getting a new scanner.  

Canon, if you are listening, please be aware that this is the last product I will be purchasing from your company.  The MX882 is one of the more popular models you sold in the past, and to abandon it like this, is morally wrong.  Shame on you.  HP, Epson, and Brother continue to support their older products.

Thank you so much for this idea subbiava. It worked, albeit a bit buggy, it opens MP Navigator, works for one doc, then will not quit without a force quit. Certainly helpful and good interim fix! Not helpful is the fact that while Justin was with best intentions and contacted other departments and Canon experts, none of them suggested this. Also, Justin could not get information as to whether the hardware would be upgradable for MP Navigator or not, as it may be hardware related. So 2 months after the OSX upgrade, nobody knows! I blame Apple as well. Nothing so far in High Sierra that makes a noticable difference. 

Hello subbiava,

How did you manage to get it working ? I have an MX860 and the Quick menu shows for the scanner and the printer that I have an unknown Airprinter. That is the only choice I have. Do you know how to select my printer ?

Yes, this happened to me too. Once you open up the quick menu, right click on the main icon and click "Open main menu". Once the main menu pops up, click on the plier and screwdriver icon on the bottom right. This will popup the settings menu. Make sure that the cannon scanner and printer are selected.

waltgoede
Contributor

I have the same problem with a Pixma MX 870

Finally got my PIXMA MX 870 to scan with High Sierra 10.13.1 using Preview on a new iMac.  Wifi worked with auto doc feeder.  Not quite MP Navigator, but it works.

Hello HowardB,

How did you make it work with Preview ?

If you are looking for a workaround for scanning, I suggest going to your Applications and using "Image Capture" -- I put it in my dock and have been using it since the update took out navigator. It works ok for my needs - but I did have to make some setting adjustments.

Announcements