Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: MP Navigator and High Sierra

I tried Mr alvaromartinez's link, and MP Navigator installs, but it still won't open. As to using Image Capture with my CanoScan 9000F, it's fine for a simple scan of an item on the platen, but it gives me no navigation features to batch images into a single file, or to scan film or transparancies, or even to choose black and white over color, or image over document. This makes it more or less useless to me. I can photograph an image with my phone if all I need is a single page capture.

New Contributor

Didn't work from my first go neither. Worked after I first removed the old version and then installed the new 4.0.5 version using the link.
New Contributor

Groan. I deleted all the old files and now nothing comes up. I'm done. Right now, I have to restore my iPad, since the last IOS update screwed it up. I may never do another OS update!

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've tried using Preview to scan as several here have suggested, but when I pull down the File menu, "Import from Scanner" is grayed out, ie unavailable. Do I need to add my peripheral somehow, so that Preview recognizes the device as a means of scanning?

New Contributor

I'm having a problem with my Canon LiDE 110 stand alone scanner.  MP Navigator EX 4.0 stopped working AFTER I installed MacOS High Sierra.  Before that worked fine.  Any clues to get it to work or suggestions for new scanner software?

Occasional Contributor

Attention everyone: the best solution to this upgrade-obsolescence problem that Canon has inflicted upon all of us is probably this:

Find an old laptop that's using a legacy version of MacOSX. Install MP Navigator and use it to operate your scanner. 

I have done so, and now that I can use my laptop to scan with my MX350, I'll have to remember never to upgrade it.

None of the proposed workarounds -- neither using Preview, nor installing MP Navigator 4.0.5. -- have worked for me.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Use Apple's "Image Capture"; it actually works faster than Navigator. I keep it in the dock and just open it to scan.
Occasional Contributor

Had the same issue with PIXMA MG8120. The canon-asia update worked for me (I'm in USA). Thanks very much.

New Contributor

I have also this problem. My printer/scanner is a Pixma MX882. It is no longer possible to scan from the panel of the printer/scanner. The driver doesn't save the files in sub-folders. This is really annoying.
New Contributor

Ugh, MX 870 here. VERY frustrated to lose wireless scanning Smiley Sad