cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator and High Sierra

Mike12
Contributor

After installing macOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra) MP Navigator EX 4.0 has ceased to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Mark.  In the elegance stakes, that solution scores zero, I'm afraid!  Fortunately, by updating MP Navigator to v4.0.5 and reinstalling the IJ Network Tool in its latest version, all problems with my MG 6150 have been overcome.  Took me a couple of hours to sort that out and I would have hoped for an auto-update from Canon, to be honest, but the job's done, thankfully.  Hopefully this might help other sufferers.

View solution in original post

243 REPLIES 243

Lili2020
Apprentice

Me too. Updated to High Sierra OS and now "MP Navigator has quit unexpectedly" for my Canon 9000F. I uploaded the lastest Canon drivers and software for my scanner, to no avail. I bought this scanner specifically for film and slides, and now it is nothing but a paperweight. If I have to purchase a new scanner, you bet it won't be a Canon. Come on Canon, get with it!

Have the same issue with my Pixma MX870. Talked to Canon, and they are unable to update drivers to accommodate Apple's new security measures in recent OS updates.

That said, I put Apple's Image Capture in my iMac Dock, and it works faster for me that my old MP Navigator app - far fewer steps to go through.

Well, I seem to have resolved the issue but I wish Canaon could, would, should update their software.  I've been able to successfully use Preview to scan my documents over WiFi.  Open Preview.  Under File, you should see an option to select Import Image From Canon (insert model number).  I was able to successsfully scan and save.  The interface is the same as in Image Capture.

Worked for me to scan from MX310.  I'll have to try printing stuff next.

thank you!!!!

Would you mind passing on some more instructions on how to get this Image Capture in the iMac Dock? I am afraid I don't know where to start with finding the Image Capture.

You can find image capture in your applications -- once you have it open, go to your dock and right click on it - select options - and then keep in dock. I hope this helps 🙂

hornfischer
Contributor
Canon has confirmed to me they won’t support MP Navigator to scan with Mac OS High Sierra. I guess my MX350 will still print.

@hornfischer wrote:
Canon has confirmed to me they won’t support MP Navigator to scan with Mac OS High Sierra. I guess my MX350 will still print.

Use Preview or Image Capture to scan.

Hi Mr hornfischer, have you tried Mr alvaromartinez link ?

http://support-hk.canon-asia.com/contents/HK/EN/0200328115.html

My MG8150 scans again as before under High Sierra 🙂

I tried Mr alvaromartinez's link, and MP Navigator installs, but it still won't open. As to using Image Capture with my CanoScan 9000F, it's fine for a simple scan of an item on the platen, but it gives me no navigation features to batch images into a single file, or to scan film or transparancies, or even to choose black and white over color, or image over document. This makes it more or less useless to me. I can photograph an image with my phone if all I need is a single page capture.

Announcements