cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator and High Sierra

Mike12
Contributor

After installing macOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra) MP Navigator EX 4.0 has ceased to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Mark.  In the elegance stakes, that solution scores zero, I'm afraid!  Fortunately, by updating MP Navigator to v4.0.5 and reinstalling the IJ Network Tool in its latest version, all problems with my MG 6150 have been overcome.  Took me a couple of hours to sort that out and I would have hoped for an auto-update from Canon, to be honest, but the job's done, thankfully.  Hopefully this might help other sufferers.

View solution in original post

243 REPLIES 243

Just attempted it with MX870. It downloads and installs but alerts that it won't work with this printer.

This worked for me too (MG8150).

Get rid of all previous first.

Thanks

http://support-hk.canon-asia.com/contents/HK/EN/0200328115.html

Thanks - I spotted this earlier and wondered if it was safe - but yes it works for my MG8150. The same site has downloads for other printer/scanners so worth checking out. Why it can't be auto-available world-wide is beyond me - and all of us I guess!

Cheers.

Thanks, I tried it, but it didn't work for me.  My printer, a MP620B, is not supported. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Mr alvaromartinez!!!

Your post helped me.

I have a MG8150 and it is running under High Sierra now 🙂 🙂

Spoiler
All, worthwile looking at alvaromartinez's post !!

Had the same issue with PIXMA MG8120. The canon-asia update worked for me (I'm in USA). Thanks very much.

The Asia support update link you provided worked flawlessly!  My MG6120 is back up and running perfectly on my macOS 13.1 operating system. Thank you! Smiley Happy

Canon-usa please explain why you can't communicate, coordinate, cooperate with your brethren at canon-asia to copy, link to, reference the Asian version of MP Navigator EX for the USA market, where you sold the printer models that need that updated version. Don't you want to maintain good relations with your past USA customers?

this worked for my MG6120!

Thanks.

but why  is it on the Asia site and not the rest of the world?

http://support-hk.canon-asia.com/contents/HK/EN/0200328115.html

This worked perfectly!  I'm using a PIXMA MG8210 and have OSX High Sierra.  Many thanks to the OP.  I can't believe Canon isn't just making software available worldwide.

Announcements