cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator and High Sierra

Mike12
Contributor

After installing macOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra) MP Navigator EX 4.0 has ceased to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Mark.  In the elegance stakes, that solution scores zero, I'm afraid!  Fortunately, by updating MP Navigator to v4.0.5 and reinstalling the IJ Network Tool in its latest version, all problems with my MG 6150 have been overcome.  Took me a couple of hours to sort that out and I would have hoped for an auto-update from Canon, to be honest, but the job's done, thankfully.  Hopefully this might help other sufferers.

View solution in original post

243 REPLIES 243

I have the Canon MX 860 which stopped scanning after installing High Sierra. I have contacted Canon and the answer was that Canon will problably stop supporting this type because it is too old. For me it works fine and I still have a lot of full cartridges left. They offered me a discount of 20% when I buy a new Canon printer in Canon webshop. I will never buy a Canon printer or scanner again if they just want you to throw away printers which are still perfectly working. How difficult can it be to solve this little software issue ?

I also have a Pixma MX882. I'm on the line with Justin at Canon tech support. It sure would be great if Canon would let us all know via email that the software will or will not be updated, so we can make an informed decision as to whether or not to upgrade to the next OSX. Bear in mind that these Apple "upgrades" are one step next to worthless for many users. I'd much rather have my MP Navigator and keep the status quo than go through all this headache. High Sierra shows no difference so far from Sierra that I can find. 

This really sucks and very suprised Cannon will not update the driver.  Guess if that happens all of our Cannon office equipment  will be laid to reast and we will never buy a cannon office product again!  Why would we?  A simply update in driver is something we would expect

Mark88
Apprentice

I spoke to Technical Support this morning.  There is no update for MP Navigator for High Sierra, and it is highly unlikely there will be one.  If you are running a Mac in High Sierra, your only choice for scanning from your desktop is to go into System Preferences, click on Printers & Scanners, select your printer, click on Scan (above text on the right), click on Open Scanner, and scan from there. Otherwise you can scan from the printer to a USB fob, transfer the fob to your computer, and then open the scanned document on your computer.

Thanks, Mark.  In the elegance stakes, that solution scores zero, I'm afraid!  Fortunately, by updating MP Navigator to v4.0.5 and reinstalling the IJ Network Tool in its latest version, all problems with my MG 6150 have been overcome.  Took me a couple of hours to sort that out and I would have hoped for an auto-update from Canon, to be honest, but the job's done, thankfully.  Hopefully this might help other sufferers.

I have been looking for the latest version of MP Navigator and cannot seem to find it.  Where is it located?  I beleive I have the the latest version of the IJ Network Tool. 

You can find it on the Asian canon website, I believe it’s 4.0.5, I found it through google but doesn’t work for me

I was also able to fix my problem by moving up to  MP Navigator EX version 4.0.5 from 4.0.1 for my PIXMA MG8120

@Mark88 wrote:

I spoke to Technical Support this morning.  There is no update for MP Navigator for High Sierra, and it is highly unlikely there will be one.  If you are running a Mac in High Sierra, your only choice for scanning from your desktop is to go into System Preferences, click on Printers & Scanners, select your printer, click on Scan (above text on the right), click on Open Scanner, and scan from there. Otherwise you can scan from the printer to a USB fob, transfer the fob to your computer, and then open the scanned document on your computer.

I too have the issue with not being able to scan on my PIXMA MX870 after the High Sierra update.  I attempted to scan using the directoins you listed in your post but I am still unable to scan.  Very frustrating.

Well, this is great.  Here's the response to my post concerning my issue, "At this time Canon has not released Mac OSX 10.13 drivers for the PIXMA MX870.  All updated Drivers will be posted to Canon website at www.usa.canon.com as soon as they become available. Currently, we do not have any information as to when or if these drivers will be available. 

10.13 uses Airprint, any unit that is Airprint compatible can print as long as you are connected wireless  Note: Airprint does not support scanning.

If you continue to have difficulties or need further assistance, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI"

I'm particulaly fond of the "when or if" comment in regards to a driver solution.  Sounds like my only option for resolution is to buy a new unit.  Even more frustrating.

Announcements