cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Ex Navigator with two printers

ShawnMurray
Apprentice

Am I able to use MP EX Navigator installed on my laptop with two printers?  I have one installation of the software on the laptop.  I have a MP560 at home and an MP980 at the studio.  Both work fine wirelessly. 

I can scan wirelessly from my MP560 but not the MP980.

Is it possible to scan from both?

Thanks,

Shawn Murray

Shawn Murray
Owner/Photographer
Shawn Murray Photography
3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, ShawnMurray!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

I am trying to use MP Navigator EX 3.0 on a Windows 7, HP laptop.  It is connected wirelessly to a MP560 printer.  Everything works fine.  I can scan from the 560.

Then I go to the studio... Connect to the MP980 printer wirelessly.  I can print just fine.  But when I try to scan from the 980 to MP Navigator, I receive an error message telling me I need to reinstall the Navigator software.

It looks like it can only be used on one printer.  Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn Murray
Owner/Photographer
Shawn Murray Photography

Ramona
Authority

Hi ShawnMurray,

The PIXMA MP560 uses the MP Navigator 3.0 program, however, the PIXMA MP980 uses the MP Navigator 2.0 program.  Downloading and installing the MP Navigator 2.0 program from the Canon USA website should allow you to scan from your PIXMA MP980. 

The following link will take you to the initial download page for your PIXMA MP980:

PIXMA MP980 Drivers and Software page

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section and click the MP NAVIGATOR EX file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear.  

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the software.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Please restart your computer after downloading and installing the software, then attempt to scan.

Hope this help!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements