cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MGPixma3550 says I have no paper when I have paper.

parismiss
Apprentice

MGPixma3550 says I have no paper when I have paper. I have cleaned the roller several times. The printer has been working perfectly for the past 1 1/2 years, and stopped abruptly in mid-printing. What to do?

2 REPLIES 2

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello Parismiss!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for you!

If you have already verified that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer, ensured that the paper guides in the cassette are snug against the paper. If you are still experiencing the same issue, the printer will require servicing.  Please click on the Contact Us link below to obtain your servicing options in your region. 

We do not support printer models outside of the US. Printer model instructions may vary slightly. Please click the Contact Us above to contact Canon UK. 

Thanks!

I did not receive a reply that solved my problem either through the thread or the Community Team. Your advisor gave me the standard repair procedures, and when they didn't work, told me that I would have to take the printer in for repair, but that repair would cost more than a new machine.
I then figured out myself how to open the back of the printer, (turn the printer on its front, and find the black left-facing arrow and slide) and found that my eyeglass wiping cloth had gotten stuck inside. I removed the cloth, and the printer now works perfectly again.
Announcements