cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG8200 cannot scan from top of printer

Smiseel
Apprentice

Hi,

Since I set up my printer to work with win10 I can no longer use the controls at the top of the printer to scan in a document. I'm sure it's just a setting somewhere but I can't find it. Also, on the MP navigator preferences there are 2 listings the first says MG8200 series and the second says MG8200 series Network. Please tell me which I should choose. 

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jane

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Smiseel,

Please make sure that the unit is selected correctly in MP Navigator.  Please open MP Navigator and click on the Preferences button.  The PIXMA MG8220 that should be selected is the network attached, not the USB attached.  The network PIXMA MG8220 will be named PIXMA MG8200 (xxx) with the mac address of the unit in parenthesis.

Also, please make sure that the scanner is selected in the Canon IJ Scan Utility.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Windows Start button and then All Apps.

2.  Click on Canon IJ Network Utility.

3.  Click on Canon IJ Scan Utility.

4.  Make sure there is a checkmark next to the PIXMA MG8220.

Once both have been completed, attempt to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi and thanks for the answer. Everything is as checked. But I noticed that there are 2 printers on the network tool. The second printer listed says "copy1). I tried to set the second as my printer but cannot. The reason I tried to set it is because on the SCANNER selector tool the port name is the same as the printer. Take a look please.

So leaving everything as it is currently,  now when I try to scan from the MG8220 the panel  reads set the pc to start scanning. I click on scan from operations panel, but nothing scans.

Thanks in advance for the help.

scanner.jpg

Hi Smiseel,

In the Canon IJ Network Tool, currently the USB connection is selected.  Please select the second one down, the entry that lists CNBJNP_2C9EFC9938... as its port.  Once selected, you should then be able to scan.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements